CLIR Events Health Protocols
Updated: September 26, 2022
CLIR is sharing our current thinking about health and safety at our upcoming conferences. To review earlier announcements of this nature, visit the News section of our events website.
For all of our upcoming events, taking place October 9-13 in Baltimore, Maryland, CLIR commits to the following actions:
- We will communicate transparently with attendees if we learn of a positive test at one of our conferences.
- We (CLIR and event organizers) will ensure session rooms are set to encourage distancing as much as possible.
- We will request that hotel staff interacting with our guests on the conference floor wear masks.
- We will provide additional hand sanitizer stations throughout the venue.
- Rapid tests, high-quality masks, and hand sanitizer will be available at the registration desk and may be collected by attendees upon request while supplies last.
The following actions are required of attendees and/or presenters:
- Attendees must wear high-quality (N95 or KN95) masks in all session rooms except while eating and drinking. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own masks, though CLIR will have some available if needed while supplies last.
- Presenters and facilitators must wear clear face shields or masks, rather than opaque masks, while presenting (provided by CLIR at the registration desk), for accessibility.
- Attendees must immediately inform CLIR staff if they are feeling ill and refrain from attending sessions, meals, or other activities with other conference participants.
- Attendees must immediately inform CLIR staff of a positive COVID test result during or within 5 days of any of our events.
- While documented proof of COVID-19 vaccinations is not required, the CLIR strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations and booster(s) for the safety and health of all attendees, conference volunteers, and hotel staff.
- On the honor system, we strongly suggest attendees bring some tests with them if possible and take a rapid antigen test before, during, and after our events.
We are grateful for your cooperation in helping to keep our community safe.
We ask that you understand:
- Traveling and attending events could increase your risk of contracting COVID.
- CLIR is not responsible for the venue’s COVID-19 mitigation efforts (or lack thereof) or any negligence by the venue or its staff relative to such precautions.
Additionally, we have incorporated compliance with our health protocols into our Code of Conduct.
Under “How to Be,” we have added the following language:
Attendees of our in-person events agree to comply with any given event’s health protocols, outlined by CLIR in advance. Health protocols can be found on an event’s website. A lack of compliance endangers our community, is a violation of the Code of Conduct, and may be reported by one of the reporting procedures below if necessary.
CLIR events attendees agree to abide by these protocols specifically and the Code of Conduct in general when they attend our events, for the safety and health of our community.
To view Maryland and Baltimore City health information and guidelines, explore the websites linked below:
- Maryland public health information and guidelines can be explored here.
- Baltimore City public health information and guidelines can be explored here.
We appreciate your patience with us as we navigate this truly complex landscape. If you have any thoughts or questions you’d like to share, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Aliya and Team DLF